— Camp Kerry Society Presents
July 5 – 9, 2021
9am – 12pm PST, 12pm – 3pm EST, 1pm – 4pm AST
All Aboard! Come and join us for Camp Kerry’s first virtual summer “Arts-Express!”program. This five-day program will be facilitated by members of Camp Kerry’s amazing and friendly team of music therapists, art therapists, artists and counsellors.
Departing from the comfort of your own home daily from July 5th to July 9th (9AM – 12PM PST/12PM – 3PM EST) for kids ages 9 – 13 years who are grieving the death of a loved one.
The Arts-Express! program will give your kids the chance to:
- Meet new friends who understand what’s it like to lose someone they love
- Explore different creative arts activities intended to help them express a wide range of feelings
- Build their self-confidence through success-based, process-oriented activities
- Have fun in a supportive online environment
- Try something new they haven’t tried before
- Spend time engaged in creative arts activities they already love to do
- The possibilities include dancing, acting, drumming, playing games, writing songs, writing short stories, making art and more!
Pre-registration and a commitment to attend all five days of the program are required. This is not a drop-in program and limited spaces are available. A list of materials needed, as well as virtual guidelines will be sent once registration is complete. Adults are not required to attend sessions but are encouraged to participate in the welcome circle each day and in the final closing session on the last day.
Registration Fee: $25.00 for the week (Full fee subsidies are also available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.)
Acknowledgement: We are grateful to the CKNW Kids Fund for their financial support of this program.