Interlude: A Holiday Grief Gathering
This “mini-retreat” day will offer four different online sessions designed to help those who are grieving to connect with a supportive community and to re-charge from the stress of the holiday season.
All sessions will be facilitated by members of Lumara’s counselling team. You can choose to attend one session or participate in several sessions. The zoom link will be sent closer to the event.
- 10 AM PST | 1 PM EST - 11:30 AM PST | 2:30PM EST
- Adult Grief Support Group
- This session will offer an opportunity to connect with other grievers and learn some helpful strategies for coping with your grief during the holidays.
- 1 PM PST | 4 PM EST - 2 PM PST | 5 PM EST
- Christmas Sing-a-long
- This session will offer a fun-filled, relaxing hour of singing favourite holidays songs and Christmas carols. (Suitable for Families)
- 3 PM PST | 6 PM EST - 4PM PST | 7 PM EST
- Indigenous Cultural Rituals
- This session will discusses the power of cultural rituals and practices in healing during times of grief and loss. (Suitable for adults)
- 5 PM PST | 8PM EST - 6PM PST | 9 PM EST
- Mindfulness Meditation
- This session will offer an opportunity to relax through a guided meditation process and mindfulness breathing techniques. (Suitable for adults)